Friday, November 04, 2005

 

Types of Love

Name: Soony Seo
Class : EAP1
Date : 10/28/05


Summary/Response for "Types of Love"

In the article, “ Types of Love,” Bernard Seal describes five kinds of love. They have distinguishable characters. First, ludus love is game, the lovers do it for fun itself and there are no commitments. Second, storgic love is likely to be friendship rather than intensive passion. Third, mania love wishes to be possessed, to be loved intensely. It needs constant attention and constant affection. Fourth, pragma love wants lover who has similar needs and interests to make the person comfortable. Fifth, eros love seeks a physically beautiful lover and an intensive physical relationship.

I think that it is difficult to determine my own love as only one style because it has been changed over time. There are various features(romantic, mania, storgic, pragma) in my love with my husband. I have wanted romance since I fell in love with my husband. I wanted to be a beauty and a sexy woman to him. At the same time I have wanted us to be strong mental conversation friends to each other. I fell in love with him not knowing what love was when I was young. Actually romantic love is a fantasy that is the ideal activity of human beings in novel and films. I think it is impossible to keep physical love without coordination of mental conversation because love is harmony of mental and physical activity to me.

Furthermore, marriage is a real life so it is difficult to keep romantic mood forever. I constantly want interests from him. I have been jealous of women around my husband. I need sometimes strong passion from him. Sometimes I have experienced fear of the loss of the love with him. I have been depressive, jealous, self-doubting because of him. I have accepted my crazy feeling but it is so tiring for married people over time. As times goes by I want be a soul mate like friend who is so comfortable through intimate conversation and similar hobby even though sometimes it seems to be boring without fire passion. Finally it is not easy to put my love into one style definition.

Reference:Seal,B.(1997). Types of love. In Academic encounters( pp.203-205).NY: Cambridge.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?