Saturday, June 03, 2006

 

The Cats in the Box














Andrew Llyod Webber(1948~ ) Musical Cats
Grizabella... Elane Paige / Memory


Midnight, not a sound from the pavement / Has the moon lost her
memory?
She is smiling alone / In the lamplight, the withered leaves collect at
my feet And the wind begins to moan

Memory, all alone in the moonlight / I can dream of the old days
Life was beautiful then / I remember the time I knew what happiness
was Let the memory live again

Every streetlamp seems to beat a fatalistic warning
Someone mutters, and the streetlamp sputters / And soon it will be
morning

Daylight, I must wait for the sun rise / I must think of a new life and I musn't give in
When the dawn comes, tonight will be a memory too / And a new day
will begin

Burned-out ends of smoky days / The stale, cold smell of morning
A streetlamp dies, another night is over / Another day is dawning

Touch me, it's so easy to leave me / All alone with a memory of my
days in the sun
If you touch me, you'll understand what happiness is / Look, a new
day has begun

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?